Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In Limbo

I was still working in the guest bedroom right up until we found out we were expecting.
I'm lying.
I actually quit working in the guest bedroom.
Matching the stain for the bookcase has been too hard. Okay, so I tried once and failed and haven't been back to Lowe's to get more stain yet. It was such a debilitating defeat that I'm considering painting the whole thing instead of tediuosly working to match the stain. I've seen so many great bookcases that are painted and even like the idea of painting the back a different color.

So, since the guest bedroom/office will soon be transformed into a nursery, I will be focusing on other parts of the house instead. (Soon as in somewhere in the next nine months.)


As you've already seen, I've been working in Alston's room a bit (here and here). Like every other, its an ongoing project. I've also been storing up ideas for our kitchen makeover. There is a lot that I would like to tackle in there: paint, new hardware, new pantry, new lighting, new window, building an island... the list keeps growing. Also, I'm not completely happy with our living room, so I'm planning to bring in some different furniture pieces. Our bedroom needs a fresh coat of paint and some new accessories. I have some great fabrics that I can't wait to turn into throw pillows in there, but can't decide on a paint color. I love the Benjamin Moore selection from Pottery Barn. I have a hard time making a decision when the choices are endless, so I like having something to help me narrow it down.

Besides all of these things that have been on my to do list for quite some time, I now have to find new homes for all the things that are currently living in our guest bedroom.

Countdown to complete all of these things.... 245 days.

I think I need to make a more substantial to-do list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment