Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kitchen Love


I saw this kitchen over at Design*Sponge this morning and it made my heart flutter. I'm not in love with my current kitchen and have been collecting ideas for when we get ready to tackle the task at hand. Here are a few things I've filed away under "inspiration". (Apparently I like green for my kitchen--probably becuase of the predominantly green slate tile floors.)




We haven't bought a fridge to match our other stainless appliances, so I was thinking of painting the one we have with chalkboard paint.


This kitchen is so bright and airy... but maybe a little too bright...
I love the colors in this Vera Bradley apron.

I have a huge window with plenty of space for fresh herbs and pretty little ferns.


This image is clean, earthy and organic... exactly how I want my kitchen to feel...


These are my Pottery Barn Emma dishes.

I originally had reservations about painting the cabinets, so I've been trying to think of ways to get around it. These cabinets are about the same color as mine and the appliances are stainless. This images shows that, while the colors can work together, there is defintely something to the saying "less is more". (Plus the guy at the stove is pretty darn funny.)

2 comments:

  1. We are planning on painting our kitchen cabinets white soon. Our cabinets look almost exactly like the ones in this picture. I will post b+a photos and surely complain about the whole process!! I think it will be totally worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete