Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Giving Thanks

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6
It occured to me today, as I read my Daily Bible Verse, that I had not really given thanks to God for all that he has accomplished in my life throughout the past 8 months. Everything that we have is because He has given it to us. Through this journey of moving out of our first home and searching for the first home we can really call ours, God has really pressed this verse into my heart. I have struggled over the past several months with learning how to turn everything over to Him and just let go. I found that life is so much better when you trust in the Lord and turn to him for all your needs. I feel as though this process has taught us a lot about ourselves and brought us closer together as a family. We've grown wiser and stronger and we've become so much more grateful and appreciative of even the smallest things. Yes, God's timing is so much better than our own. He is the only reason we have gotten this far and He is the one we will look to for guidance in the future. To Him we give thanks for this wonderful new chapter in our life!



Psst--
I have a special plan for each of the main rooms in my house... I'm going to keep it a surprise for now, but I can't wait to share when I have more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment